2. What Personally Identifiable Information does BassObsessed.com collect?
Personal information is information that is associated with your name or personal identity. The Operators use personal information to better understand your needs and interests and to provide you with better service. On some of the Operators web pages, you may be able to request information, subscribe to mailing lists, participate in online discussions, collaborate on documents, provide feedback, submit information into registries, register for events, apply for membership, or join technical committees or working groups. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include name, address, phone number, e-mail address, user IDs, passwords, billing information, or credit card information.
Non-personal information is data about usage and service operation that is not directly associated with a specific personal identity. The Operators may collect and analyze non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use the Operators’s web sites.
The Operators may gather aggregate information, which refers to information your computer automatically provides to us and that cannot be tied back to you as a specific individual. Examples include referral data (the web sites you visited just before and just after our site), the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. For example, when you request a page from one of our sites, our servers log your IP address to create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns and for purposes of system administration.
Every time you request or download a file from the web site, the Operators may store data about these events and your IP address in a log file. The Operators may use this information to analyze trends, administer the web site, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use or for other business purposes.
3. What are “cookies” and how does BassObsessed.com use them?
Data collection devices, such as “cookies”, are used to store, and sometimes track, information about you. Generally, these cookies help provide personalized services and promote trust and safety. A cookie is a small file containing a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and placed on your computer’s hard drive to assist us in providing our services. All pages on the Site where you are prompted to login or that are customizable may require that you accept cookies. Our cookies are only read by the server that placed them and are unable to execute any code or virus.
(1) Remind us of who you are when you login and to access your account information in order to deliver to you a more personalized service;
(2) Allow you to enter your password less frequently during a session;
(3) Measure your visiting and/or purchasing patterns in the aggregate. Aggregate data (data gathered across all user accounts) may be gathered in a non-personally identifiable form to build higher quality online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors, such as how long and how often users view certain pages;
(4) Determine your clickstream to the Site;
(5) Better personalize the content that you and other users will see on the Site;
(6) Collect IP addresses and log-in information for system administration;
(7) Automatically share some information with Google Analytics and/or other analytics programs to analyze a broad range of information. However, the analytics are exclusively for our internal use to better manage the website experience for our visitors and evaluate advertising strategies and tactics; and
(8) Other purposes to assist us in delivering the highest quality service possible. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits.
The Operators’s web site also may use web beacons to collect non-personal information about your use of our web site and the web sites of selected sponsors or members, your use of special promotions or newsletters, and other activities. The information collected by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our web site and selected sponsors’ sites; how many people open our emails; and for what purposes these actions are being taken. Our web beacons are not used to track your activity outside of our web site or those of our sponsors. The Operators do not link non-personal information from web beacons to personally identifiable information without your permission.
4. How does BassObsessed.com use my information?
5. Who is collecting information?
When you are using the Site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with us. You acknowledge that data can be collected, maintained by, or transferred to a company other than BassObsessed. Please be advised that BassObsessed.com advertisers or websites that have links on the Site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those web sites linked to BassObsessed.com are not covered by this Policy.
6. With whom does BassObsessed.com share my information?
1. We may provide information to trusted partners who work on our behalf and who have entered into confidentiality agreements with us.
2. BassObsessed responds to valid subpoenas, court orders, and other legal proceedings. We also may disclose information if we deem it necessary to exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal claims.
3. We will share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of any of our TOS, or as otherwise required by law.
4. We may transfer information about you if we are acquired or merged with another company.
7. Posting on the Service
• Use care when posting Personal Information or your personal content on our Service, particularly sensitive information such as financial information, home addresses or phone numbers.
• You should be aware that, when you post information via the Service, the information that you post may include but not be limited to the content of the post, header information, username and email address associated with the posting may be read, copied, used and re-distributed by people you do not know.
• The contents of the postings that you submit to the Service are stored and maintained on our servers in order to publish the postings and provide the Service. In order to protect our Members from email harvesting software and bots, we attempt to “mask” email addresses so that they are typically human readable but not machine readable. In addition, we collect and maintain information about your account activity, such as the contents of your posts, the links that you click on, your email activity, search inquiries, and your preferred settings when the using the Service.
8. What are my choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information?
We may contact you (by email and/or mail) if you complete a contact form on the Site, if you create an account, or if you contact us directly by direct mail or email. We will also contact you regarding any problems with your account and for website misuse. We may also contact you regarding our services, including, but not limited to, news related to events, service alerts, and updates on new features regarding the Site. If you do not wish to receive optional communications, simply opt-out using account preference options, or follow the opt-out instructions provided in each email.
9. How may I use other users’ information?
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable local laws and rules regarding online conduct and privacy, as well as content. Specifically, but not as a limitation, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding transmission of technical and personal data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside. Spam. We do not tolerate spam. You are not licensed to add us or any registered user to your mail (email or physical mail) list without his or her affirmative consent. You are not licensed to use spam in promoting BassObsessed.com.
10. When you receive an email from us
If you receive a mailing from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”), or (b) you have registered or purchased or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
11. How we protect your privacy
We use security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system.
12. Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
14. How can you stop receiving email from us?
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from us, or to change your expressed interests. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email. If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments via the provided Contact Us link review.
15. Opting Out
From time to time the Operators may email you electronic newsletters, announcements, surveys or other information. If you prefer not to receive any or all of these communications, you may opt out by following the directions provided within the electronic newsletters and announcements.
16. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
We make every effort to protect personal information by users of the web site, including using firewalls and other security measures on its servers. No server, however, is 100% secure, and you should take this into account when submitting personal or confidential information about yourself on any web site, including this one. Much of the personal information is used in conjunction with member services such as collaboration and discussion, so some types of personal information such as your name, company affiliation, and email address will be visible to other the Operators’s members and to the public. The Operators assume no liability for the interception, alteration, or misuse of the information you provide. You alone are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please use care when use access this web site and provide personal information.
18. Links to Non-Operators Web Sites
20. Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
21. Your Ability to Edit and Delete Account Information
You may edit your Member account and related Personal Information at any time by visiting http://www.BassObsessed.com/editAccount.jsp.
24. Change of Control
25. Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
We may share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves and you from violations of our Terms Of Service; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
26. Additional Information
Any questions regarding this statement should be directed to the “contact us” portion of the site or sent to us at [email address]. This Policy and the Terms Of Service are the sole authorized statements of BassObsessed’s practices with respect to the online collection of personally identifiable information and the usage of such information. Any summaries of this Policy generated by third party software or otherwise shall have no legal effect, are in no way binding upon us, shall not be relied upon in substitute for this Policy, and neither supersede nor modify this Policy. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from visitors, or that we otherwise collect concerning or in connection with the Site, to a third party in the event of a sale or other transfer of assets or of any portion of our business. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible.